Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > unable to use my scanner it say's softw...
unable to use my scanner it say's software not authorize why is this happening

2694 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-29 21:41:03

•   Level 2   
    (33) points
    Tanelus
    2017-03-16 03:20:10
     unable to use my scanner it say's  software not authorize why is this happening  i have  been using my scanner about 2yrs without updating so why is this now just happening

•   Level 3   
    (51) points
    BobD

2017-03-20 16:42:54 (Reply to:Tanelus)

I'm having similar problem when i go to diagnostic screen it goes back to control panel screen !

•   Level 3   
    (61) points
    frozen

2017-03-21 01:40:24 (Reply to:Tanelus)

you had it regester and your time ran out without you useing it now you have to pay for 1 year for you to update

•   Level 3   
    (51) points
    BobD

2017-03-22 17:02:02

Called support today and was told that I have to update my scanner 1300 bucks, what BS !!

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-22 21:21:46 (Reply to:Tanelus)

this happened because you didn't turn your wifi off during this period or you did a system update that has been lurking all this time under update, even though you were out of subscription it kept showing under update  , mine did anyway. I had the automatic update turned off wifi off for more than 2 years and no problem. before I bought the update the other day I decided to give that system update a try to see what happen and sure enough it was a killer, lucky for me I was ready to purchase the new update and got it back to working order. so there you have it next time turn everything off or at least make sure that automatic update is disable.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    cadams

2017-03-23 13:15:44 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

So if you buy a new tool now, how long does it work for without paying for an update? 1 yr, 2 yrs? This is going to be a secondary tool for us and am not going to pay 1300.00 a year to update!  if you pay for the tool and the software it should continue working until the owner of the tool decides to update, IMO. 

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-24 20:00:05 (Reply to:cadams)

well, should and would are two different things, should it work after the update expires, yes it should but its not always the case, there could be a time bomb in this software. who knows what this Chinese  are up to, maybe  isis is making the software.  the tool comes with a one year update and warranty, after that your on your own. mine out of the blues this morning did a disk check, rebooted then told me that my serial number or password was wrong,  an error code2 and I couldn't use my tool at all. I spent 2 hours trying to figure this crap out until I got it working again by a miracle, don't even know if I fixed it or it fixed it self but I take either one. if your not planning on updating/renewing then turn off your wifi and don't update on the last month of your subscription.  

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    qishawi

2017-03-25 09:56:23

Do the support staff see what written here? Why there is no comment come up from their ?

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-29 21:41:03 (Reply to:qishawi)

that's because they know am super right but mostly cause they don't come here anymore.
  Total1 Pages